Quick Badges were created to allow frequent visitors a simple and quick way to sign in to the Visitu iPad app.
To create a Visitu Quick Badge, the visitor must have signed in on the Visitu iPad app at least one time and they must have an email address to send the Quick Badge to.
Follow the steps below to create a visitor Quick Badge:
- Open a Web browser from your computer (we recommend Google Chrome).
- Navigate to the Visitu Web Dashboard: https://app.visitu.co
- Login to the Visitu Web Dashboard with your credentials.
- Click on the Databases menu.
- Click on the New Quick Badge button.
- Enter the visitor's name into the Visitor Name field and then ensure that the correct name is selected from the drop-down box.
- If the Date of Birth has not automatically populated, fill in the Visitor Date of Birth field.
- Enter the visitor's email address in the Send Quick Badge To field.
- Then enter the Purpose for the Quick Badge. Some examples might include Contractor, Vendor, Board of Trustees, etc.
- Click the Submit button to issue the Quick Badge.
The Quick Badge has now been issued.
The visitor can then check their email (even on their smart phone) which includes the details for how to use the Quick Badge. Best practice is to have the visitor download the image attachment from the email to the camera roll on their smart phone for quick retrieval when signing in again.
How do you use a Quick Badge to Sign In?
When the visitor wants to sign in again, using the Visitu app on the iPad you simply tap the Lightning Bolt icon on the home screen and then scan the square QR Code located at the bottom of the Quick Badge with the front-facing iPad camera. This will sign the visitor into the facility quickly and efficiently without having to sign in or scan their Drivers License every time they visit.
Need to issue a Paper Badge as well?
Even though a visitor may use a Quick Badge to sign-in, you still have the ability print a paper badge as well. This will allow everyone at your facility to still identify them as a visitor while they are visiting on the premises. You will need to enable Print Quick Badge Paper Badges by going to the Configuration menu, then the Visitor Sign-in menu on the left-hand side in the Visitu dashboard: